Work From Home for Beginners
If you are considering work from home there are actually several options available. Unfortunately, while there are many legitimate work from home opportunities, some of these have been tainted by the many scams on the Internet. Do not let these deter you, there are honest and real ways to make money and work from home. One of the most important things to remember is that, in general, most of the legitimate work from home opportunities do not require any money upfront, such as an Internet business opportunity.
Take surveys for example, many people make some good extra cash by doing surveys online, and the legitimate survey companies NEVER ask you to pay them a cent, they pay you! Whether it’s in cash or with points redeemable for products, no reputable survey company asks you for a cent. While there are websites that promise to connect you with the best survey companies for a price this is a scam, in reality all good survey companies do not require a referral and have open access to the public. If a website offers you to work from home by paying them for access to survey sites, run for your life!
There are actually several work from home opportunities, the ones you choose may depend on:
1. How much time you have to invest, and how other obligations and responsibilities may interfere with working from home.
2. If you want to make a full time income or part time.
Regardless, of the opportunities that you take advantage of, make sure to explore all the work from hope possibilities and make an informed choice.
One of the biggest work from home scams is data entry, be careful with this one, because it can be misleading. In reality there is no way to get rich by doing data entry from home. Let’s get real! Just use common sense and remember that whatever online businesses do exist and do make significant money from working from home, these take a lot of hard work and commitment and honest information for true success.
Another point to consider, is that working from home can be a rewarding and freeing experience, but it’s not for everyone, especially for those seeking to work from home full time. It takes a lot of discipline and dedication, since you are your own boss, and you have to make sure to not get distracted or lazy or complacent. You have to stay organized and self driven and not let things like the television or family deter you from completing daily tasks.
Working at home is also a risk financially. If you are just looking to make some extra cash on the side or some pocket change, then it is very safe to try different venues and options. But, if you are actually planning to start a home business and work from home eventually full time, and telling your boss to shove it, then that is a different story. Remember that being your own boss comes with risks, such as financial pitfalls that need to be prepared for, medical and dental insurance will be up to you, paying taxes is your responsibility and keeping detailed records of all income and expenses, where eventually you may need an accountant to help you.
I am not trying to deter you from working at home, I do it, and have had a lot of success, I am just honestly laying out all the aspects of it as it can be a serious endeavor and should one should consider all aspects of it.
Work From Home Opportunities
- Freelance/Consulting Work – If you have a specialty you can work from home being a consultant to companies who need your expertise.
- Affiliate Marketing/Internet Marketing and Blogging –I will cover this in depth in other posts.
- Surveys – Learn more at Work From Home – Best Paid Survey Sites
- Direct Sales/Mail Order – There are thousands of good companies out there that will let you be an independent contractor and you can work from home by selling their products.
- Multi-level marketing (MLM) – Also known as Network Marketing, is a business-distribution model that allows a parent company to market its products directly to consumers by means of relationship referrals and direct sales. This should not be confused with pyramid schemes, which are illegal and a waste of time.
- Sales of products via personal contact and parties – These include, Avon, Tupperware, Lingere, Health products, Weight Loss and more.
- Sell and Market Your Own Product
- Sell a Service – Maybe you are a web designer, or graphic artist or have some other skill that you can sell as a service, lots of opportunities there and places online to market yourself, such as Craigslist.
All in all work from home can be a great experience, just look for honest and free information before you proceed.